Sunday, December 18, 2011

DECEMBER 18TH, 2009....
2 YEARS AGO TODAY!!!

My sweet 'Hooter-Tooter' passed away while we were in Finland.  We loved her.  She was my mother's dog until my mother passed away on December 3, 1999.  Punkin was then passed on to Wayne and I.  How I loved her.  It was very, very hard to leave for our mission knowing that I would probably not see her again in this life.

The kids (Jonathan, Tina, Tyler, Spencer, Garrett, Kristyn, Steven, Elinn, Tim, Sam, Audrey, Emma and Matthew gave her a 'proper' burial in our backyard.....that is where I wanted her buried.

A very nice program was even typed up for the funeral.

It made me so happy to see what the kids did for her knowing I would want that.

They all gathered in our sunroom to have the funeral service.....even Madi was there.

After the funeral Madi was off to her 'temporary' new home...until we got home from our mission.  Kiitos Paljon Jonathan, Tina, Tyler, Spencer, Garrett and Kristyn.

Here is everyone around the gravesite.
 The timing was absolutely amazing.  The burial was on a Friday night.  The very next day there was about a foot of snow.  
 I asked that Punkin's banner be flown for a while in her honor.  Indeed it was....

Just had to include one picture of where Punkin liked to sleep the most.......yep.....on our bed.
We love you Punkin.....can't wait to see you again some day!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment